Do you want to lose weight easily? Then, yoga poses for weight loss and flat belly is right for you. You can do it anywhere.
Firstly, let’s address it from this angle, are you a person who loves consuming sugary food, beverages, alcohol or you don’t get enough sleep or you don’t exercise at all.
Well, I was one like that and that there a lot of people like that who as a result of all these gain a lot of weight and belly fat.
That is not all, the real problem is that they are not in love with their body shape anymore. In fact, some are even mocked for their stature and it becomes so confusing for them.
Well, this is good news for you if you can follow the instructions on how to use yoga for weight loss and flat belly step by step, that stubborn fat will disappear in no time
Benefits of Yoga
As we all know, yoga is a series of a physical, mental and spiritual activity which increases your flexibility, strengthens your muscles, and centers your thought and helps you cope with the effect of stress.
Aside from all these, yoga can lessen chronic pain, lower your blood pressure, reduce insomnia and prepare you mentally for all daily activities.
Though, this post is not centered on the benefits of yoga. It is about using yoga poses for weight loss especially in the belly region of the body.
A step by step guide will be provided on how to use yoga poses for weight loss and burning belly fat.
Can Yoga Help You Lose Belly Fat?
What Are Yoga good for Weight loss?
Yoga offers hundreds of asanas (postures) contained within a countless number of flows or sequences. All postures deliver a variety of physical benefits.
Additionally, almost every pose addresses detoxification on some level.
Ten yoga poses for weight loss and belly fat will be discussed critically and step by step processes will be given
- Wide-legged forward bend
- Lunge (Anjaneyasana)
- Half Boat Pose (Ardha Navasana)
- Side Plank (Vasisthasana)
- Chair Pose (Utkatasana)
- Tree Pose
- Lord of the Dance Pose (Natarajasana)
- Child’s Pose
- Four-Limbed Staff Pose
- Seated forward bend
10 Best Yoga Poses for Weight Loss and Flat Belly
1.Wide-legged forward Bend
This yoga pose for weight loss increases flexibility and burns belly fat by stimulating the abdominal organs.
- As you begin the process, exhale, and step your feet wide apart
- Lean forward by rotating your hip joints, with your palms placed on the floor, bend your elbow and lower your elbow
- Maintain this pose for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
2. Lunge (Anjaneyasana)
This type of yoga pose is also called Anjaneyasana. Like wide-legged forward bend, the lunge is useful in losing weight and gaining flexibility.
- Exhale and place your right leg in between your hands
- Put your hands on your right knee and your right knee over your right ankle
- Raise your arms above your head in the Namaste position until your biceps are beside your ears.
- Breathe out and bend the right knee even more
- Breathe in and put the front knee back over the ankle
- Do the same on the left side
3. Half Boat Pose(Ardha Navasana) for Belly Fat
The half boat pose strengthens the abdomen, hip flexor and spine leaving a chance of losing weight and belly fat.
- From a seated position, place your hand on the back of your knee
- Bend your knees 90 degrees
- Pull your legs in toward your abdomen
- Maintain the pose for 30 seconds to 1 minute
4. Side Plank Pose (Vasisthasana)
The side plank pose is really good for the abs, so, through the process, you lose belly fat and weight
- Place your palms on the floor, and your toes together
- Remove your left palm from the floor
- With your weight on your right palm, lift the left arm straight up
- Maintain this pose for 30 seconds to 1 minute
- Repeat the process on the other side
5. Chair Pose
This yoga pose looks somehow like squatting, but unlike squatting, you have to maintain this pose for about 30 second
- Keep your feet tight together
- Lower your body into a squatting position
- Tuck your hip in slightly
- Maintain this posture for about 30 seconds
6. Tree Yoga Pose for Weight Loss
The tree pose looks easy until when you attempt it, in this yoga pose, you have to maintain a straight posture for a short while.
- Place your left foot on the inside of your left thigh
- Make sure to keep your body straight
- Keep your palms closed together
- Maintain a steady balance for about 30 seconds
- Repeat the process using your other leg
7. Lord of the Dance Pose (Natarajasana)
Lord of the dance pose also called Natarajasana helps to stretch the shoulder and chest; it also improves balance and adds strength to the leg and ankle.
- Firstly, take a deep breath in move your weight to your right foot
- Grab the outside of your left foot with your left hand
- Lift your left foot away from the ground and extend your left thigh
- Maintain this pose for 20 seconds to 30 seconds
- Repeat the process using your right arm and right leg
8. Child’s Pose (Balasana)
The child pose stretches your arms and lower back, it also makes the whole body relaxed.
- Kneel on the floor
- Toes your toes at the same time
- Breathe out and lay your arms between your thighs
- Put your hands on the floor
- Maintain the pose for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
9. Four-limbed Staff Pose
This you pose staff pose looks somewhat like push up but unlike push up, you don’t have to move in an oscillatory motion.
Four-limbed staff pose strengthens the arms and wrist, it also tones the abdominal region.
- Begin this pose making your shoulders firm
- Breathe out slowly and lower your torso to the floor
- Let the space between your shoulders broad
- Maintain this pose for about 30 seconds to 1 minute
- Release with a slow exhalation
10. Seated Forward Bend
Seated forward bend helps calm the brain; it also relieves stress and depression. It stretches the spine, hamstrings, and shoulders.
Seated forward bend aids in the digestion of food and also burns belly fat.
- Sit on the floor with your back supported by a folded blanket
- Make your legs straight on the floor
- Lengthen your arms and keep your heads straight
- With a deep inhalation, lengthen your torso slightly
- Stay in the pose for about 1 minute to 3 minutes
With all the yoga pose for weight loss mentioned above; if practiced well and regularly, they will yield a result in no time and you have that dream body you have been craving for.