If you like food like me and you’re wondering to know the best metabolism boosting foods for Weight Loss, that will help you lose some pound in your weight loss journey. Then you are on the right track.
Do you know that…
As you grow older, your metabolism begins to slow down naturally?
However, there are ways to boost your metabolism.
Drinking a lot of water and regular workouts are not enough to boost your metabolism.
You also need to start eating foods that will boost your metabolism. These foods are usually low carb foods.
Rather they are high in lean protein, fiber, vitamin C, calcium and omega-3 fatty acids. They are also fat burning foods for weight loss.
Note that the higher your body’s metabolism, the more calories your body will burn, the more weight you lose.
This what I’m trying to say…
Higher metabolism helps to eliminate excess body fat fast and to maintain your weight.
Weight loss foods also reverse diabetes, boosts energy levels and reduces the risk of cancer by reducing obesity
Top 15 Metabolism Boosting Foods for Weight Loss and Flat belly
1. Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) for Weight Loss
Apple cider vinegar can boost your metabolism and help you lose weight.
It also aids weight loss by helping you reduce your sugar cravings.
Consuming apple cider vinegar before having an actual meal helps you feel fuller while eating lesser food.
So basically, apple cider vinegar helps you to lose weight by enhancing your feeling of fullness and slowing stomach emptying.
Several studies on animals show that vinegar is very effective for increasing the total fat the body burns for energy(1).
One particular study carried out on humans showed that participants who ingested 4 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar ate about 275 fewer calories throughout the day.
Apple cider vinegar is also a natural way to balance the pH of your stomach and for detoxifying your body.
ACV is highly acidic in nature, so ensure to add 1 or 2 tablespoons of it to a cup of water before consuming.
Other benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar Include:
- Regulates blood sugar levels.
- Lowers cholesterol.
- Improves skin health.
- ACV reduces blood pressure.
- It whitens teeth.
- ACV relieves cold symptoms.
- It aids in detoxification.
2. Eat Berries to Boost Metabolism
Do you like snacking like me?
if you are the one giving to snack berries are perfect for you.
They also help to stabilize body glucose levels and to decrease body fat content.
This means who you want to lose weight quickly, you should include a lot of berries as part of your diet foods.
Red berries, in particular, have a positive effect on your cardiovascular health.
Other Benefits of Berries include:
- Berries improve blood sugar and insulin levels.
- It provides many nutrients to your body. This is because they contain high antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
- Berries help to fight inflammation.
- Lower cholesterol levels.
- Reduces skin wrinkling.
- Reduce the risk of cancer.
- Berries keep your arteries healthy.
3. Protein-Rich Foods
Foods that are rich in protein such as fish, meat, eggs, beans, legumes, etc are metabolism boosting foods.
They play an important role in boosting your body’s metabolism for at least a few hours.
They boost metabolism because they require your body to make use of more energy in order to digest them.
This is what people refer to as the thermic effect of food (TEF). The Thermic effect of food is the total calories your body needs for digesting, absorbing and processing the nutrients present in your meals.
Research shows that foods rich in protein increase the thermic effect of food (TEF) the most. They increase the metabolic rate of your body by 15% to 30%, compared to 0% to 3% for fats and 5% to 10% for carbohydrates. Research shows that foods rich in protein increase the thermic effect of food (TEF) the most. They increase the metabolic rate of your body by 15% to 30%, compared to 0% to 3% for fats and 5% to 10% for carbohydrates(2).
Foods that are rich in protein also help to lower metabolism drop often experienced during weight loss. They do this by maintaining your muscle mass. Protein-rich foods also make you feel fuller for long thereby preventing overeating.
Other Benefits of Protein-rich Foods include:
- They boost muscle mass.
- Stabilize blood sugar levels.
- They improve your mood.
- Promote healthy brain functioning.
- Maintain strong bones.
- They protect heart health.
- Build stronger immune system.
- They maintain healthy hair.
- Improve longevity.
4. Chili Peppers for Weight Loss
A chemical known as capsaicin found in chili peppers helps to boost metabolism by increasing the total calories & fat that you burn.
Different researches report that capsaicin helps your body burn up to 50 more calories every day. Capsaicin also has appetite-reducing properties which make you consume less food and in turn burn more fat(3).
Chili peppers are one of the most effective metabolism boosting foods that you should include in your weight loss diet.
Other Benefits of Chili Peppers include:
- They improve cognitive functioning.
- Aid red blood cell formation.
- They reduce blood pressure.
- Prevent cardiovascular diseases.
- Act as natural pain relief.
- They clear nasal congestion.
- They maintain healthy eyes.
- Prevent stomach ulcers.
- They improve longevity.
5. Boost Metabolism with Coffee
Do you love coffee?
If yes… then good for you because…
The caffeine found in coffee helps to increase the total calories & fat that your body burns.
A word of caution:
But you must know that its effects may vary among individuals based on individual characteristics like age and body weight.
Caffeine also converts your body fat to energy thereby boosting your performance when working out.
Other Benefits of Coffee include:
- Improves energy levels.
- It improves physical performance.
- It lowers the risk of type II diabetes.
- Protects you from Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- Fights depression and makes you happy.
- It protects your liver.
- Lowers the risk of some types of cancer.
- Improves longevity.
6. Coconut Oil for Weight Loss
I am sure you already have known that not all fats are unhealthy.
Does this mean that there are some fats that are healthy?
Yes, there are! In fact, the healthiest of such fats is coconut oil.
Coconut oil helps to boost body metabolism and burn fat.
Yes, you read right, this fat helps to burn fat. Coconut oil is both antibacterial and anti-viral.
It maintains a healthy balance of the good bacteria that are in your gut, which are important for proper digestion.
Coconut oil contains some types of fat known as medium-chain fats which help to speed up your metabolism unlike the long-chain fats present in butter.
Coconut oil reduces body fat and body weight and keeps your thyroid functioning smoothly.
To boost body metabolism and burn that those excess fats, replace vegetable oils with coconut oil for your cooking.
Other Benefits of Coconut oil Include:
- It increases the good HDL cholesterol in your body.
- Protects your hair, skin and dental health.
- It improves memory and brain function.
- Boosts digestion.
- It boosts heart health.
- It prevents diabetes.
- Boosts energy.
- It treats kidney infection and protects your liver.
- Reduces inflammation and arthritis.
- It helps to prevent and treat cancer.
- Boosts your immune system.
- It slows down aging.
7. Eat More Fresh Vegetables
Almost all types of vegetables are metabolism boosting foods.
Cruciferous vegetables such as brussels sprouts, cauliflower, cabbage, and broccoli contain 3 important nutrients that help to boost metabolism.
These nutrients are vitamin C, vitamin B, and calcium.
These vegetables have high fiber content as well as high water content which when combined; help your body to burn faster.
Leafy greens like spinach and kale are also rich in fiber, iron, and calcium. These make them metabolism boosting foods. And just as you already guessed, they also aid weight loss.
Other Benefits of Vegetables include:
- They improve blood sugar level.
- Prevent cardiovascular problems.
- They reduce the risk of diabetes.
- Boost your body’s immunity against diseases and infections.
- They help to detoxify your body.
- Improve bone health.
- They relieve stress.
- Prevent cancer.
8. Eat Oatmeal
Oat prevents blood sugar spikes which may make your body store fat. It does this by keeping your insulin levels low.
Oats also contain fiber. In the process of your body breaking down the fiber, it burns a lot of calories.
Other Benefits of Oats include:
- Improve cardiac health.
- Aid in the treatment of diabetes.
- They relieve constipation.
- Help to fight cancer.
- Help to treat hypertension.
- Improve immunity.
- Promote bone health.
- They boost energy.
- Treat dry and itchy skin.
- Fight hair loss and treat dandruff.
9. Citrus Fruits
Citrus fruits like grapefruits and lemons aid proper digestion.
These fruits are low in sugar and they contain an antioxidant which helps to lower your blood sugar level.
The vitamin C present in citrus fruits makes them essential metabolism boosting foods for weight loss.
Other Benefits of Citrus Fruits include:
- Strengthen your hair and prevent hair loss.
- They fight dandruff.
- Protect against cancer.
- Lower the risk of stroke in women.
- They help to reduce stress.
- Boost immunity.
- They protect and improve heart health.
- Reduce the risk of kidney stone formation.
- Protect your brain.
10. Garlic Metabolism Booster
Garlic is a superfood.
It helps to balance your blood sugar level. It also supports a healthy metabolism.
Iron deficiency may slow down metabolism. Garlic helps your body in the processing of iron so there won’t be a shortage.
Studies report that when you eat garlic, the number of calories your body burns in a day increases while fat production decreases. Garlic contains anti-inflammatory abilities and is great for your immune system.
It helps to regulate your blood pressure.
Short-term bad breath is a small price to pay for weight loss.
Other Benefits of Garlic include:
- It helps to control asthma attacks.
- Helps to get rid of sore throats.
- It helps to cure all types of cough.
- Great treatment for baldness.
- It helps to control infertility in women.
- Reduces cholesterol.
- Prevents heart diseases.
- Improves immune health.
- It boosts energy.
- Wards off mosquitoes.
- It fights infections.
11. Seeds Foods
Flax seeds, hemp seeds, and chia seeds are all metabolism boosting foods.
They contain both omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids.
These fatty acids help in the reduction of inflammation.
They also help to improve your blood flow to your muscles in order to boost metabolism.
Other Benefits of these Seeds include:
- Ensure proper functioning of the nervous system.
- They promote healthy eyes, hair, skin, and liver.
- Maintain property are bone structure.
- They improve brain function.
- Aid healthy digestion.
- They reduce hypertension.
- They ease stress.
- Strengthen your immune system.
- They lower blood pressure.
- Reduce inflammation.
- They prevent breast cancer.
12. Green Tea Metabolism Booster
Tea contains catechins and caffeine that combine to boost your metabolism.
Especially green tea and oolong can your metabolism by up to 10%. This could help you burn 100 extra calories every day.
Other Benefits of Tea include:
- Prevents some types of cancers.
- It improves heart health.
- Regulates blood pressure.
- It lowers the risk of type II diabetes.
- It relieves arthritis.
- Promotes longevity.
- It improves brain health.
- Boosts immunity.
- It promotes digestive health.
- Prevents tooth decay.
- It improves energy.
- Stimulates hair growth.
To know more about how to use teas for weight loss read: 7 Best Green Tea for Weight Loss in 2 Weeks at Home
14. Cinnamon for Weight Loss
Cinnamon has anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties.
It also contains fiber and antioxidants.
Cinnamon helps in the regulation of your blood sugar and it improves your insulin sensitivity, which is both important if you want to maintain healthy metabolism.
Other Benefits of Cinnamon include:
- It helps the body fight infections.
- Reduces the risk of heart disease.
- It lowers blood sugar levels.
- Prevents and treats cancer.
- It may help fight the HIV virus.
- Helps to fight diabetes.
- Protects brain function.
- It protects dental health.
Iodine which is a mineral your body requires for producing thyroid hormones and for the proper functioning of your thyroid gland.
One of the numerous functions of thyroid hormones in the regulation of metabolic rate.
Seaweed is a great source of iron. Regular consumption of seaweed gives your body enough iodine to keep your metabolism running at a high rate.
Some seaweed like kelp is extremely rich in iodine; so do not consume them in large amounts.
Another compound found in seaweed is fucoxanthin helps to prevent metabolism from slowing down.
It has anti-obesity properties that help to increase the total calories your body burns.
Other Benefits of Seaweed include:
- Aids digestion.
- It prevents cancer.
- Strengthens bones.
- It helps with thyroid regulation.
- Helps to regulate blood pressure.
- It is a great treatment for arthritis.
- Boosts your mood.
15. Lentils for Weight Loss
Iron helps to circulate oxygen properly round your body which helps to boost metabolism and increase energy.
Lentils are a great source of iron which makes them important metabolism boosting foods.
In fact, do this:
Just 1 cup of lentils caters for 35% of iron your body needs per day. Lentils also contain fiber and protein which aid in proper digestion.
Other Benefits of Lentils include:
- They help to build muscles.
- Improve digestion.
- They control diabetes.
- Improve heart health.
- Prevent cancer.
- They prevent atherosclerosis.
- Brain function.
- They protect your nervous system.
- Lower cholesterol.
- Stabilize blood sugar.
- Boost energy.
Things to consider are:
High metabolism helps you to burn body fat fast, keeping you in good shape and giving you more energy.
If you want your body to burn fat faster, just incorporate these metabolism boosting foods into your diet.
Also, combine these foods with a healthy lifestyle to boost your metabolism. Drink a lot of water every day, at least 8 cups per day. And, to engage in a high-intensity workout.
If you do all these, your body will burn fat faster. Good luck and let me know if you have any question leave it in the comment below