Whether you’re looking to improve your workout routines or to slim your legs, and thigh? These best leg exercises for women at home will get you that your perfect sexy toned legs you dream of.
Seriously, who would not want a pair of perfectly shaped legs? Hot legs to show them off in that skimpy skirt or short gown.
Slim and toned legs make you easily look gorgeous, without trying so hard.
A perfect pair of legs is that with a low body fat percentage and muscle for a sexy look.
This article will show you some leg exercises that will give you those perfect legs. You can do all these leg exercises for women at home.
Inner thigh/Leg exercises are so popular for reducing leg fat. But can I be totally honest with you?
Many have a wrong impression that just by targeting the inner thigh muscles; one can tone and slim legs, melt thigh fat and achieve tight inner thighs.
We refer to workouts targeted to burn only inner thigh fat and slim thighs as spot reduction.
However, physiologists reveal that exercises cannot reduce fat in one specific part of the body by exercising that particular body part only.
Interesting right? Let’s move forward.
What Do You Need To Do?
To get whistle-worthy legs you need to target all four areas of your thighs with exercise. This will also improve the shape of your calves.
Read on and you will get enlightened on leg slimming exercises mostly lower body workouts.
Note that as you get stronger and more familiar with the exercise, do the exercise slower for an increased intensity of the workout.
Remember, you get more effect by going slower with fewer repetitions than when you go fast and do more sets.
If you don’t have access to dumbbells, you can make use of a few cans of the bean as a lightweight.
For you to achieve your goal of toned, slim, tight thighs and legs, you must first know the type of thighs you have, if not, you may eventually get your thighs bigger.
There are two types of thighs;
- the Fat thighs and,
- Muscular thighs
Do you know what type of thigh you have? Or you are just not sure?
Ok, I know what you are thinking. How do you determine the type of thigh you have. Below is the test to know which thigh type you have.
Slim Thigh Test
Before you take on any leg exercises for women at home, you have to know what type of thigh you have. Is it a fatty thigh or a muscular thigh?
I’ll work you through the whole process.
- Keep your leg straight.
- Tighten your thigh muscles.
- Pinch top layer skin of the thigh.
If you can pinch much, it means fat is making your thigh big. On the other hand, if you can pinch less, it means you have a muscular thigh.
How To Slim Thighs And Achieve Slim Legs
Cardiovascular Exercise to Slim Thighs
Your cardio goal should be to burn fat without having to gain much muscle mass in the thighs.
You can achieve this by not working your thighs more than necessary. Cardio exercises should be moderately high for effectiveness.
Let’s say you have lost thigh fat after engaging in leg exercises at home.
You can then consider resistance exercises if you wish to increase muscle mass in order to improve the shape of your thighs.
You can only lose leg fat when you lose total body fat. So do not expect to lose weight just in your thighs and no other part of your body.
So while you undergo leg exercises at home, expect to lose weight in other parts of your body.
How To Get Skinny Legs With Cardio
For starters, it is important to know how your body works before engaging in exercises for skinny legs. Let me explain.
Our body creates energy in 2 basic ways:
- Anaerobically (without oxygen)
- Aerobically (with oxygen)
When your body uses the anaerobic pathway, it makes use of creatine phosphate and stored glycogen (carbohydrates) for energy production.
Your body will use this pathway for:
- High-intensity leg exercises at home (which includes high-intensity cardio such as running);
- Weight training
- Interval training
Secondly, when your body makes do with the aerobic pathway, it fuels on stored fat, stored glycogen (carbohydrates) and on occasions, protein to produce the energy needed by the body.
Your body will use this pathway for:
- Low-intensity leg exercises at home (which includes low-intensity cardio, such as walking).
7 Best Leg Exercises for Women at Home: Slim and Toned Legs
Listed below are 7 low-intensity leg workouts for women for best result on reducing thigh size. So let’s get down to business:
1. Slimming Skaters
To begin with is the slimming skater’s workout. This exercise does not only tone and sculpt your inner thigh muscles, but also burns jiggly bulge.
How to do Slimming Skaters Exercises
- Begin with your feet together, pointing forward your toes.
- Keep your arms by your sides, while your head and neck kept straight ahead.
- To begin, take a wide “skate” step with your left foot to the left side and drag your right foot towards it.
- Reach your right arm forward while bringing your left elbow to the back, like you are skating.
- Change directions and go over this move on the opposite side.
- Repeat for as many times as you can, switching from left to right.
2. Side-To-Side Plies
This is one of the leg exercises at home that can give you slim and toned legs.
Here’s how to do Side-To-Side Plies
- Keep your face straight ahead and stand with your feet positioned about 3ft apart.
- Your knees and toes pointed out at about 45%.
- Place your hands on your hips.
- This move starts with a simple ballet plie.
- Keep your knees bent then lower your hips towards the floor and stack your shoulders over your hips.
- Do this while making sure your back is straight and your knees are pointing out above your toes.
- Drop into a pile and hold that position for about 30 seconds.
- Begin to straighten your legs slowly while sliding your left heel to the right heel and squeezing your inner thighs against themselves for about 30 seconds.
- Switch to your left leg and repeat plie, then slide your right heel in.
- That’s a rep.
- Repeat this movement 10 times.
3. Crescent Kicks
This exercise helps to slim your inner thighs. It is one of the convenient leg exercises for women at home. Just follow the following steps to get started:
How to do Crescent Kicks Exercises
- Stand with your feet hip-width spread, your arms placed by your sides, and your head looking straight ahead.
- On your right foot, move your left leg forward off the ground and with a large circular sweep from right to left with your leg.
- Then also on your left foot, and switch legs.
- Repeat this move 10 times.
4. Inner Thigh Attitude Pulse
This is one of the good leg exercises at home for slimmer legs. See how to do it below:
How to do Inner Thigh Attitude Pulse
- Standing on your right leg. Lift your left leg a few inches away from the ground, bent at the knee. Then turn knee out to the side.
- Bring your left heel towards the ceiling and leg across the front of your body, in such a way that your left knee is past your right leg.
- Lower your left leg towards the ground and lift as high as possible. Keep your heel up while you do this.
- That is a rep. Repeat this move 15 times on each side.
5. Towel Squeeze Bridge
Every woman that desires slimmer thighs should engage in this workout consistently. Here’s how to get started:
How to do Towel Squeeze Bridge
- Lie on your back bending your knees bent, placing your feet flat on the ground, arms by your sides and relaxed on the ground, while you look straight ahead.
- Place a hand towel (folded) between your knees and squeeze your knees together into the towel. Then lift your hips off the floor, as high as possible towards the ceiling.
- Hold the position for two counts.
- That is a rep. Repeat this move 15 times.
6. Seated Bent-Knee
This is a good leg exercise for women that burns fat and shapes your inner thighs. It also tones your hips and abdominals.
How to do Seated Bent-Knee Thigh Exercise
- Sit with your hips pressing your hands on the ground.
- Bend knees towards your body keeping your elbows bent slightly.
- With your knees together, toes pointed and your face straight ahead.
- Then lean a little forward, contracting your abdominals.
- Place your toes on the ground and open knees to your sides.
- Then draw knees together until they meet.
- That is a rep. Repeat this move 20 times.
This is a great workout for your inner thighs.
How to do Frog Exercise for Inner Thighs
- Lie on your back with your arms rested on the floor beside you.
- With your knees slowly bent in towards your chest, draw your abs in.
- Flex your feet and move your knees out to your sides.
- With your heels touching, press your legs out and widen them at an angle of 45 degrees.
- Extend your two legs, squeeze your inner thighs (the back of your knees) together.
- With your knees bent back in, maintain the same 45-degree line on the way back.
- Repeat 15 times.
Don’t Neglect Your Diet
Even the most effective leg exercises for women at home can’t make up for a bad diet.
Be sure to supplement your full leg workouts with a healthy and balanced diet that contains enough calories to lose (or maintain) your weight.
Make your food contents be unprocessed and drink a lot of water.
No matter which full leg exercise you choose, no workout is complete without a music playlist to keep you moving!
Research shows that music helps most people last much longer in their leg exercises at home.