Full Body Workout with Dumbbells
If you’re looking to take your beginner’s workout to the next level, this routine will be great for you. The dumbbells add some challenge to the exercises you might already be used to.
These will help add some intensity to your workout.
This exercise mainly works on your shoulders to strengthen them.
- Stand upright with dumbbells in both hands and palms facing your body.
- Raise the dumbbell to shoulder height so that it is parallel to the ground.
- Count to 3 and then lower the weight.
- Do the same for the other hand to complete a rep.
- 3 sets of 7 reps should do great for starters.
Just like the classic squats, your hamstring, glutes, quads, and hips are the group of muscles that are targeted.
- Firmly grip the dumbbells and gently place them on your shoulders.
- Lower yourself to a squat position with your thighs parallel to the ground.
- Stay there for a second or two and rise back up.
- This completes a rep and you should do 5 of them.
This weight exercise is great for building and strengthening your biceps.
You can do this while sitting or standing, whichever you prefer.
- Lock your elbows beside your body and raise the weights alternately up to the chest level.
- Hold the position at the highest raise to 2 seconds, and then lower it.
- You will do 8 repetitions of this for 2 sets.
This exercise targets the whole body including the core. This should be one of the most important exercises in your dumbbell routine because of how much muscles it trains.
- Get in the position of a full-arm plank with dumbbells in your hands instead of palms on the floor.
- Raise the weight up towards your waist and hold it for a second.
- Slowly lower it back to the starting position and do the same for the other hand.
- You will do 5 reps for 3 sets with this exercise.
Workout for a Flat Stomach
This final routine is targeted at those trying to burn tummy fat. They are quite easy and effective and can be done at home. They are all targeted at the abs, obviously.
- While lying on your back, cross your legs and lift them till you form 90 degrees with your torso.
- Finish it off by slowly lowering your legs but be sure not to let it touch the floor.
- Repeat this 15 times and do 3 sets.
Stretch yourself out facing the floor while leaning on your forearms and toes.
- Your body should be straight like a ‘plank’ and parallel to the floor.
- Hold this position for 5 seconds to complete one rep.
- You will do 10 reps of this for 3 sets.
This is a plank variant that requires you to position yourself sideways on the floor.
- You will rest on one elbow and your legs placed one above the other and keep the body straight.
- You will maintain this position for 5 seconds to complete a rep.
- Do 10 reps of this for 3 sets on each side.
Take Away from Full Body Workout Routines
Any of the routines above will give you an ideal result depending on your target and the intensity of your workout.
It is important to note that getting the type of body you want is not just about the exercise. If you do not eat right, you probably won’t see the results.
So you want to pay attention to the nutrition that best suits your workout goals.
Furthermore, be sure to warm up before you start any workout routine.
This will prep your body for what is to come and help you avoid injuries. You can do stretches or aerobics as warm up.
As you embark on the journey to your best body yet, remain diligent in your preferred full body workout routine. Don’t skip work days and don’t skip rest days.
In no time, you will begin to see results that will excite and encourage you.
Which of the full body workout routines is your favorite? Let’s know in the comment box below and don’t forget to share this post with friends