Full Body Workouts Without Weights
Not all workouts require you to go to the gym or use weights. Your body weight can be used to build your muscles too. Let’s get started with it.
This works your chest muscles, forearms, and triceps.
- Lie facing the floor with your palms flat on the ground and toes firmly placed.
- Push yourself away from the floor until your elbows lock-in.
- Repeat this process 10 times to complete the exercise.
- Place one of your feet far off in front of the other and bend your knees lowering yourself till your knee slightly touches the floor.
- Raise yourself back up into a jump and repeat alternating your feet.
- Do this 10 times to complete the exercise.
This is a simple exercise that does great for your abs. All you do is get into a position like you’re about to do push-ups.
- But your arms will be stretched out under you.
- Instead of moving, you will stay still in this position.
- Remain there for 30 seconds. This will represent one set.
- You can repeat each of these exercises for 3 to 5 sets.
This is a quick way to get yourself in shape and you can do it right about anywhere.
Full Body Workout for Weight Loss
The following sets of routines are ideal if you are looking to lose some weight. They are nothing technical and will not require machines to do.
Weight loss workouts without weights
This is a classic exercise targeted at your hamstrings, glutes, and hips. As you put those muscles to work, you burn the fats as well.
Squats are pretty much straightforward to do.
- Stand with your feet firmly balanced on the floor.
- Lower yourself by the hips slightly leaning forward while stretching your arms outward.
- Stop when your thigh is parallel to the floor and then begin your way back to the upright position.
- Depending on your fitness level, you should do 3 sets of 10 reps.
This one might turn out to be a little tough but it is the best exercise you can do for weight loss. You get the benefits of a pushup, squat, and aerobics for good measure.
- From an upright position, go into a squat, and then do a quick push-up.
- Throw your feet back under you to get back to a squat.
- From that position, lunge upward in a jump.
- That sequence is a burpee.
- You should do 5 reps of that for 2 sets.
This is one of the best full body workout routines for abs. It focuses on your core and builds it for strength.
Planks do not require much movement like the others.
- Lay on the floor like you’re about to do pushups but instead of balancing on your palms, you should rest on your entire forearms.
- You should be parallel to the ground on making contact with your toes and forearms.
- Since this exercise does not require repetitions, remain in that position for 30 seconds to complete a set.
- You should do 3 sets of this.
Cardio Workout for Weight Loss
If you want to burn fat fast, cardio is a great way to make that happen. This is a quick way to get your heart pumping while you burn off the stubborn fat.
I talked about burpees in the previous workout so, you can refer to that for how to do it and what parts of your body benefits from it.
- In this routine, 2 sets of 10 reps with just 15 seconds rest between sets.
- If this seems much, remember the fat in your body needs some tough attention.
Remember how you used to jump ropes as a kid? Well, that skill you acquired back then has come to help you shed some weight.
- A jump rope routine will strengthen your entire legs. You will notice that when you’re done.
- Do 100 skips of the rope and take 60 seconds rest before you move on to the next exercise.
This is an exercise aimed at toning and strengthening your abs.
- Get in a position like you’re about to do pushups.
- Lift your leg towards your chest till your thigh nearly touches your chest.
- Get back to the starting position and do the same for the other leg.
- Continue this sequence like you’re climbing up a wall, hence the name.
- Do 15 to 20 reps of this and take a 45 seconds rest.
- You should do 3 reps.